3D printing for beginners:
Regular price R 2,000.00
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS COURSE:
Have you always wanted to learn about 3D printing? This course is for you!
This course will help you be literate about 3D printing so you can talk to your friends or children, and gives you ideas on how you can use 3D printing in your own life.
- 2 hour training session; groups of max 5 people - N$ 2 000
- Similar to our Introduction to 3D Printing workshops. A walk-through of the basic skills necessary to make your first 3D printed item.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The basic terminology of 3D printing
- Descriptions of the major types of 3D printers and their prices
- A comparison of cost to run each printer and when it might be better to outsource your printing to an online service bureau
- A discussion on the health effects of 3D printing in your home
- Dedicated videos on the top software you can use to easily create 3D models
- Intro to 3D scanning using various scanning methods to make a 3D model!
- The workflow from a pencil and paper design drawing to a 3D model, then to the slicing software, and finally to a print where you can take home your own 3D printed keychain.